Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#274733 - 10/30/09 03:28 PM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jose,
sorry, can't help with demo's.

You can load samples into the korg, & you also have the option of creating drum grooves from audio drum loops.

IF you do create a lot of your own styles, main thing I'd be doing is THOROUGHLY checking out the style creation/editing options for the Audya. Not much point in having great sounds & drums, if you can't create the styles you require.

Learnt the hard way with my SD1+,style editing functions on it were a bit of a joke. Fortunately with the Audya they appear to be taking style editing a bit more seriously according to the few snippets I've read. Still, it's an expensive machine & you'd want to make sure it suits.

best wishes
Rikki

[B]Hi Machetero!

The thing is that the percussion samples sound weak to me in PA2x. And a lot of the internal syles.

I do my own rhythms.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#274734 - 10/30/09 03:48 PM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Machetero

I heard a lot of styles from the link you mentioned. There´s several funk and jazz styles that I liked, but as always, al the juice came at the intros, during the styles they become so boring static... and I still heard very weak sounds... Definitely I don`t like the korgs, sorry.
Machetero, dominicano? la gente del melao!!
A mi me llamaban "El portu merenguero" porque mi fuerte es el ritmo de merengue. Hice muchas grabaciones y arreglos en ese estilo. Tengo algunas muestras aqui si quieres escuchar www.jomartinspiano.blogspot.com

Y Gracias de nuevo
Jo

#274735 - 10/31/09 05:57 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Jose,
I love the PA2XPRO...If I were you...I would NOT judge the PA2 by what you have heard on the demos. You should go somewhere to play one yourself and spend at least 1/2 day. It would be best to go where they have a person that knows the keyboard well.

This thing sounds awesome!
And the user interface/programming/MIDI implementation is superb.

In the end it is up to you to determinw if you like the PA sounds styles functions etc.

Have you been to the Korg PA forum site? http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=50

Lee S.

#274736 - 10/31/09 07:09 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jose Pereira:
Hi AJ!
That`s great news.
I`m almost convinced that Audya is the keyboard I`m looking for, but, 4000 Euros is a lot of money in case something not work for me. Until now, I didn`t heard anything done on PA2x that I prefer over my Tyros2, but I want to hear anything, if it really exists, only to be shure I do the proper decision.
So, PA2X owner`s: time to talk!!
Jo

Jose, How long have you been considering buying and Audya, I have gone through two already, buy yourself one from Christmas and stop talking about it. If you carry on like this we will have OS10 out.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#274737 - 10/31/09 02:39 PM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Tony...What does 'I have gone through 2 already mean' ?

Bad keyboards or OS updates?

Lee S.

#274738 - 10/31/09 02:56 PM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Tony...What does 'I have gone through 2 already mean' ?

Bad keyboards or OS updates?

Lee S.

Leeboy the dealer thought my 1st Audya had hardware faults I told him not it's all down to software so he swapped it. All Auyda problems are software.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#274739 - 11/01/09 02:05 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Tony Hughes Offline

#274740 - 11/01/09 03:23 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Tony!
Thanks a lot for those youtube links.
Interesting, the person that plays several PA2X videos also have or had a Tyros2 and I can compare both. Between both keyboards and for this person recordings I prefer the Tyros2... The PA2X styles even sound more repetitive and boring and the right hand sounds aren`t bad, but far from stellar. But this is to me.
Also, As somebody said here, the player makes the difference. Any professional that made Tyros2, Tyros3 and Audya videos made the machines sound amazing. I didn`t see any professional level video made on PA2X. Something that I observe in the Audya videos made in FCMusica, Portugal, were made by people with no so much technical skills (perhaps singers that learn keyboard for acompany themselves) but they sounded incredible good.
I`ll buy an Audya very soon, but don`t sell my Tyros2, just in case! But PA2X, umh, not for me...
Thanks people!
Jo

#274741 - 11/01/09 05:07 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
fzero Offline

Loc: france

#274742 - 11/01/09 05:37 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Dnj Offline

Honestly...This gave me a double headache........the music & the spinning!...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online